Re: bash/sed script help needed

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:52:33PM -0500, Gary Turner wrote:
| On Wed, 03 Jul 2002 01:12:51 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
|
| <snip>
|
| >You can be partially excused: On a scale of 1 to 10, "convert" is
| >a -8 on the "the file name adequately conveys domain-specificity"
| >scale.
|
| I haven't found a thing on "convert."  Can you enlighten me?

What he means is that the name 'convert' is general enough that you
can't tell what it is actually supposed to do simply from the name.
It just so happens that I have the manpage, but without it I would
have thought it was just a funny way of trying to spell 'mv'.  A
program name like 'ps2pdf' indicates, solely from the name, that it
converts a PS file to PDF format.  That program could just as easily
have the name 'convert' as well.

-D

--

Folly delights a man who lacks judgement,
but a man of understanding keeps a straight course.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/