Re: help choosing kernel modules during installation

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 08:31, Armenteros Roberto wrote:
> Hello all,
>  I am new to debian and the first dificulty I found
> was choosing the kernel modules i wanted to install
> during the installation process. It gives me a whole
> bunch of mudules but I dont get a clear description of
> what they do. I really want to have an efficient
> kernel, but I am affraid I am going to miss some
> modules that would be useful to my system. Where can I
> find a description of these modules or which of these
> modules are a must? I would appreciate your help
> during my transition from FreeBSD to Debian.
>
> Thanks a lot, Roberto

I don't have the answer you want, but, the modules will still be
available for use after the install. They will be in
'/lib/module/<kernel-version>' I believe during install the choice is
for inclusion into the kernel or not.
--
Greg C. Madden
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0