Re: proxy filtering

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 11:27:10PM -0400, Paul Miller wrote:
> Are there any good proxy filter programs for Linux?  Anything comparable
> to Proxomitron (http://www.spamblocked.com/proxomitron/)?

What are you trying to filter?  Is this a censorship thing or a
banner-ad-and-cookie-blocking thing?  Junkbuster can certainly handle
banners and cookies, and squid can censor sites to your hearts' content.

> I've trying junkbusters and squid blacklists...

I've had great success with junkbuster+squid for blocking banners.  I
can send you a copy of my blockfile if you like.

-rob