Re: Automatic dist-upgrade for security update

This is my nightly script for these purposes:

-- CUT --
#!/bin/bash
#
apt-get update
apt-get -d -y dist-upgrade
-- CUT --

Put that in CRON.  If your MAILTO veriable is set right in CRON then you
will get the output, and the packages will be downloaded and ready to
install.  All you have to do is run:

apt-get dist-upgrade

At your convienence.

--
Arthur H. Johnson II, Debian GNU/Linux Advocate
Catechist, St John Catholic Church, Davison MI USA

IRC:  By-Tor@irc.debian.org,#debian
YIM:  arthurjohnson
AIM:  bytor4232
ICQ:  31770438