Re: dselect

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:09:49AM +0100, Tom Badran wrote:
> How can i reset the selections in dselect so that they match my current
> system? When learning dselect i played around alot, but didnt do the
> remove/install, however it seems to remember the selections i make
> regardless. I looked at the dselect beginners guide but was unsuccesful in
> finding an answer, so i hope one of you guys can help.

You can use the "unhold" command (':') on section headings to get part
of the way there, but you'll probably have to wade through conflict
resolution screens in the process.

Last night I wrote a patch for dselect which implements a "set all
selections to currently installed state" keypress; you can find it at
<http://bugs.debian.org/151540>. Shout if you think it's useful, as I'm
not sure that the dpkg developers agree with me yet.