Re: Erratic mouse in Debian Potota install

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002 20:20:11 -0700, Elaine Tsiang wrote:

>It is sufficient in Debian Potato to just replace /dev/psaux with
>/dev/gpmdata in /etc/X11/XF80Config, after the change in /etc/gpm.conf.

Yes, unless you just like the idea of stepping through the configurator
again :)  Don't forget to restart both.

>Here is an earlier discussion on the list about the same problem (but if you
>don't know it's the same problem, you can't search for it):
>
>http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200204/msg00339.html

This question comes up on a regular basis.  Perhaps;
	repeat = "raw" should be the default in gpm.conf, and
	the intro to "input device" should mention this gotcha.

What do I know?  There may be compelling reason(s) not to do these.
--
gt
Everything here could be wrong--Messiah's Handbook--Bach