Re: kernel upgrade and dhcp

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 07:41:13PM -0500, Larry Elmore wrote:
| I've recently installed Sid on a new computer and use a Linksys router
| and cable modem for Internet access. I've built a 2.4.18 kernel image
| package, and it works fine except for networking.
|
| I've read the relevant HOW-TOs,

Including this one?

http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP/v2-readme.html#5.1.2

    Make sure CONFIG_PACKET (Packet socket) and CONFIG_FILTER (Socket
    Filtering) are enabled in your kernel configuration

(also included as /usr/share/doc/dhcp-client/README.gz)

HTH,
-D

--

The nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/