Re: Lost my viewports in sawfish!

Steve Juranich wrote:
<rant nostrils="flared" hands="ClenchedFist">
Okay, this whole GNOME2 crap has _GOT_ to stop.  I'm really starting to get
pissed off. I'll probably end up pinning my distro to testing if this goes on
much longer.
</rant>

It's bad enough that the new sawfish binaries don't read my old configuration info for viewport/workspace information. But they don't even provide me with the stuff to configure my wm back to the way I had it before. The sawfish-configurator no longer allows me to add/delete viewports to the desktop. All I can do is add workspaces. I like to work with one workspace and a 2x2 grid of viewports (like I have fvwm2 set up at work). But I can't even do this now. All I can do is add desktops. It would be okay, except sawfish workspaces don't understand the 2x2 geometry that I like to work with.
It seems like viewports were removed from Sawfish in GNOME2.

Just take a look at:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.0/errors.html#id2829718

In general, take a look at the Release Notes *before* upgrading.
Nobody forced you to do so, so don't claim so loud that you made a mistake.
You have the freedom to upgrade or not, don't ask more.

Has anybody found this configuration stuff yet? I've looked in my ~/.sawfish directory, but I can't find what needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Hope my links help...

I think I've come up with a new slogan for the new GNOME2 setup: "GNOME2 -- Just like the old GNOME, only uglier and less configurable!"

KDE's starting to look better and better.
Maybe it's your way to go?