Re: Flash Editor for Debian

Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
Hello,

I have to create some flash movie (or whatever they are called) at
work.  I will be using Flash FX on windows (I have to), but I would
like to play with it at home on my Debian box.  I've looked around,
but can not seem to find any, but are there any Flash editors/creators
for Debain?  Or even just Linux in general.

Flash player - yes, Flash creator - no, although Macromedia announced a Linux port a while ago, but who knows if that will really ever happen.

But I really miss something compareble to Flash for the open source community and I wonder why nobody has started such a project yet.

That's why SVG is made for. It is a open standard animated vector-graphics format. Sadly, I don't know either if some editor already exists, but browsers like Mozilla should already be able to read and display it without trouble.