Re: Gnome2 installation

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> writes:

Bill> Yesterday I was able to install Gnome2 by following the
Bill> instructions at http://www.hadess.net/idoru.php3

Bill> I reinstalled my laptop today, upgraded to unstable, and added: $
Bill> fgrep exper /etc/apt/sources.list deb
Bill> http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental main
Bill> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ ../project/experimental
Bill> main

Bill> did a apt-get upgrade and then tried:

Bill> laptop:/home/moseley# apt-get install -t experimental nautilus2
Bill> gnome-panel2 gnome-applets2 gnome-utils gnome-terminal
Bill> gnome-control-center2 sawfish Reading Package Lists... Done
Bill> Building Dependency Tree... Done Some packages could not be
Bill> installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible
Bill> situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some
Bill> required packages have not yet been created or been moved out of
Bill> Incoming.  The following information may help to resolve the
Bill> situation:

Bill> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
Bill> nautilus2: Depends: libnautilus2-2 (>= 2.0.0) but it is not going
Bill> to be installed Depends: librsvg2-2 (>= 2.0.0) but it is not
Bill> installable E: Sorry, broken packages

Bill> What I did notice yesterday was nautilus was crashing often.

Bill> Any ideas?

Bill> BTW -- anyone know of instructions for installing KDE3?  That
Bill> might be fun, too.

Bill> Thanks,

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/