FreeSwan Errors: Jun 29 01:08:11 Oneil Pluto[2694]: "/etc/ipsec.secrets" line 4: bad RSA key syntax

All,

I have installed the source for freeswan (woody) on my potato box and compiled it.
When I add the following lines to my secrets file:

# This file holds shared secrets or RSA private keys for inter-Pluto
# authentication.  See ipsec_pluto(8) manpage, and HTML documentation.

: RSA /etc/ipsec.d/private/ns2.zionlth.org.key

I get the following error:

Jun 29 01:11:10 Oneil Pluto[2874]: loading secrets from "/etc/ipsec.secrets"
Jun 29 01:11:10 Oneil Pluto[2874]: "/etc/ipsec.secrets" line 4: bad RSA key syntax

I have checked the changelog and it appears there is a x509 patch in place
(I applied the maintainers diff file to the source...)

I would even stick the key in my secrets file directly if the fswcert utility
was included in the source kit (it does not appear to be).

Is the syntax of the config file right? (yes there is a line feed following the
: RSA line).  Does the patch currently in woody handle : RSA lines (the
documentation in src/freeswan-1.96/debian/x509patch-0.9.9-freeswan-1.96/README
says it does...)

Any help would be appreciated.  If I can't get this secrets file right can
anyone point me to the source for fswcert?

Thanks,

Phil

PS.  I am on neither of these lists.  Please CC me in replies.

----- End forwarded message -----