Re: Quicken under debian

Neal Lippman wrote:

I am wondering if anyone could recommend a solution for using Quicken on my debian woody system. Quicken is essentially the ONLY windows application that I still need, and thus is the only reason that my laptop still has windows98 loaded on it.

As far as I can tell, wine does not yet support Quicken, nor does the Crossover platform that has gotten a lot of press for its MSOffice support.

I am not adverse to running VMWare if that's the best way to accomplish this task (btw, since vmware is proprietary, I assume there are no debs, but just the tarball and rpms on their web site).

I am a bit adverse to using Win4Lin, only because that would involve using their patched kernel, and I like using the standard kernels.

You don't need no stinkin' emulator! :) gnucash will read your Quicken files and you're free.

apt-get install gnucash     at least for woody and sid.

Paul Scott