Completely OT: Perl progress bar/meter

I've been thinking about this for a while, and even though it's not
really important, I would like to get it in. I've got a script which, on
average, processes about 10,000 files each time it's run, taking a
minute or two to finish. Since having no feedback is not an option, I
opted to have a "File X of Y finished..." line printed after each file.
While this gives the user feedback, it also gives him 10,000 lines of
useless text on the terminal. Any ideas on how to re-write a line
repeatedly and quickly in Perl? I'd prefer to do a percentage counter
with, possibly, a fsck type progress bar. As far as I know Perl can't do
screen refreshes, but perhaps there's a library for it out there
somewhere? Any suggestions?

-Alex