Re: Quicken under debian

On Friday 28 June 2002 06:01 pm, Neal Lippman wrote:
> I am wondering if anyone could recommend a solution for using Quicken on my
> debian woody system. Quicken is essentially the ONLY windows application
> that I still need, and thus is the only reason that my laptop still has
> windows98 loaded on it.
>
> As far as I can tell, wine does not yet support Quicken, nor does the
> Crossover platform that has gotten a lot of press for its MSOffice support.
>
> I am not adverse to running VMWare if that's the best way to accomplish
> this task (btw, since vmware is proprietary, I assume there are no debs,
> but just the tarball and rpms on their web site).
>
> I am a bit adverse to using Win4Lin, only because that would involve using
> their patched kernel, and I like using the standard kernels.
>
> Thanks.
> nl

This was EXACTLY why I purchased VMWare. Then I installed EVERY M$ o/s I had,
and followed that with the *nix's I wanted to play with. Last count was 14
o/s running in VMWare under Debian. And yes Virginia, it IS worth it!! :--)

	Though! I have been told that the newest Wine is supposed to handle Q & QB
rather nicely. (shrug)

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
      (541) 504-1388  /\IRC: 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts /\ICQ: UIN 138930