Re: unzip from sid requires libc5

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry(shalehperry@attbi.com) is reported to have said:

> On 28-Jun-2002 Wayne Topa wrote:
> >
> > I ran deborphan last week and removed libc5, among others.  I
> > received a zip file today and found that unzip 5.50-1 from unstable
> > requires libc5 but apt-cache show unzip does not have it listed as a
> > requirement.
> >
> > Seems odd that a program in unstable would require an old version libc
> > or am I missing something.
> >

> according to my available file unzip 5.50-1 'Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.2)'.
>
> apt-cache seems confused.

Right.  ldd /usr/bin/unzip shows libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x4001b000)

It is something screwed up with 'my' account!

It gives this error  "unzip: can't load library 'libc.so.5'" when run
as me but works fine when run as root.  Just tried other users and it
is OK there. Greping my home dir for unzip comes up empty so I don't
have anything in bash* causing it.  Logging out and back in doesn't
fix it but installing libc5 does (???).  My home dir goes back 6-7
years and I am running woody/Sid currently.  It has to be something in
there, I guess.  Weird....

I'm looking...
Wayne
--
It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice
versa.