Re: [he's got psm] Re: can't access some https with mozilla

Ben Thompson wrote:
On Thursday 27 June 2002 10:45 pm, DvB wrote:

Ben Thompson <ben_thompson@ntlworld.com> writes:
<snip>

I'm still having trouble:
I've got "open unrequested windows" enabled.
I've also tried the link direct, but that did not work.
I just get the blank page, which comes up straight away.

If you can see the form, then it's working. Don't worry about trying to
log in.

Well, once I viewed the source and copied the link (ignore all the stuff
after "SmileBanking") I got the form just fine. Here's the link I used:

https://welcome5.smile.co.uk/servlet/SmileBanking

What mozilla version are you using? (dpkg -l mozilla*) I'm running a
nightly build which may, conceivably, have something to do with it since
it's more recent than the debian packages.

If you still have problems, you might want to try downloading a nightly
(I'm running 2002062604) from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly
and try with that. If you get the  mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-sea.tar.gz
file, it'll come with an installer that'll unzip the binary into a
directory and then all you have to do is run ./mozilla from that
directory (it won't interfere with the debian package if you install it
as user and specify that it be placed in your home directory).

If even that doesn't work, you might want to try listing what exactly
you're doing, step by step, and maybe someone can figure out what the
problem is.

I have tried the link directly but it just gives the same results; a blank screen. My mozilla is version 1.0.0-3, but I have another machine at work running the same version, which has never had any problems. Would I be right in assuming that Java is working OK because it opens the window? It is when I try to acces the link that the page freezes.

Test your Java at a different site (such as http://www.popcap.com and play a quick game of Diamond Mine).

Empty out your cache (both RAM and disk).

Kent