Re: [he's got psm] Re: can't access some https with mozilla

On Thursday 27 June 2002 10:45 pm, DvB wrote:
> Ben Thompson <ben_thompson@ntlworld.com> writes:
> <snip>
>
> > I'm still having trouble:
> > I've got "open unrequested windows" enabled.
> > I've also tried the link direct, but that did not work.
> > I just get the blank page, which comes up straight away.
> >
> > If you can see the form, then it's working. Don't worry about trying to
> > log in.
>
> Well, once I viewed the source and copied the link (ignore all the stuff
> after "SmileBanking") I got the form just fine. Here's the link I used:
>
> https://welcome5.smile.co.uk/servlet/SmileBanking
>
> What mozilla version are you using? (dpkg -l mozilla*) I'm running a
> nightly build which may, conceivably, have something to do with it since
> it's more recent than the debian packages.
>
> If you still have problems, you might want to try downloading a nightly
> (I'm running 2002062604) from http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly
> and try with that. If you get the  mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-sea.tar.gz
> file, it'll come with an installer that'll unzip the binary into a
> directory and then all you have to do is run ./mozilla from that
> directory (it won't interfere with the debian package if you install it
> as user and specify that it be placed in your home directory).
>
> If even that doesn't work, you might want to try listing what exactly
> you're doing, step by step, and maybe someone can figure out what the
> problem is.

I have tried the link directly but it just gives the same results; a blank
screen.
My mozilla is version 1.0.0-3, but I have another machine at work running the
same version, which has never had any problems.
Would I be right in assuming that Java is working OK because it opens the
window? It is when I try to acces the link that the page freezes.