Which window manager to use?

I can't seem to find a window manager I like.  I'm not actually picky
on the appearance, so long as it's not garishly ugly (for example, any
of the Enlightenment themes).  I'm running unstable on every machine
this matters for; I'm also willing to consider things that aren't
(yet) packaged.  Pointers to sites with nice comparisons beyond
http://www.plig.org/xwinman/ are also welcome.

Requirements:

-- Starts on every screen of a multiple-screen display.
-- If a window resizes itself while being moved, notice this fact.
-- Doesn't splatter things on the desktop. (Or can be configured not to)
-- Supports GNOME window manager hints.
-- Supports a two-dimensional virtual desktop setup.
-- Snap-to-neighbor and snap-to-edge window dragging.
-- Straightforward graphical configuration.
-- Includes a root-window menu.

Of things I've tried, fvwm2 is the only thing I've noticed that starts
on every screen, though I haven't tried that much on my dual-head
machine.  The second item is probably a bug in sawfish I should get
around to reporting.  Enlightenment is ugly and segfaulted the second
time I tried to start it.  Window Maker can't be successfully
convinced to not put anything on the desktop (the GNOME panel does
that job well enough).

Any hints/resources?  Thanks...

	-- Abra Mitchell