Re: Canonical Way to install Java

"Kent West" <westk@nicanor.acu.edu> writes:
at the risk
of starting a Holy Way,

Do'h! Six or seven postings later, I notice the misspelling. It's supposed to be "Holy War", as I'm sure everyone realized. :-0

Thanks for everyone's input. I think I'll go the Sun route. Anyone have any idea why Sid's isn't up-to-date? Is it a "freedom" issue? If so, does Sun not realize they are hurting the spread of Java by not making it truly free?

Not really expecting an answer, especially since it'll just add to the bandwidth noise, but just thinking out loud.

Kent