Re: spurious 8259A interrupt: irq7.

On Thursday 27 June 2002 18:14, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> I've gotten this message a couple of times lately, I think both times
> while burning a cd. And /proc/interrupts doesn't show anything on
> irq7. Has anybody gotten this kind of a warning and does anybody know
> what it means?

We had this on the list a month or so ago. If you're not running a
multiprocessor rig, this one can likely be considered "mostly harmles"
;-) IIRC, there was no specific reason for the message and no one
experienced any corrupted data or system instability.

If you're a hacker and/or got a little more in-depth knowledge, grep the
kernel sources for the message (without interrupt number), there's a
comment about it.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!