Re: Sleeping X

on Wed, Jun 19, 2002, Jeremy Turner (jeremy.turner@oc.edu) wrote:
> I am running Debian Sid with XFree86 4.1 and a USB keyboard and mouse.
> When my display power management kicks in, I cannot awake my display
> with the keyboard or the mouse (both USB devices) but only with a PS/2
> keyboard (haven't tried a PS/2 mouse).  Is there a way to tell XFree86
> that my mouse should be able to wake the display back up?

Moving the mouse generally won't do this.  Clicking will.

Me?  I hit the <shift> key.  Why?  Because sometimes it's hard to tell
the difference between a blanked display, and a powered-down monitor.
to have any effect on the system, as they don't send a signal to an
application in most cases.  You're not going to accidentally do
something if you'e guessed wrong about display state.

Peace.

   Support the EFF, they support you:  http://www.eff.org/