Re: Problem connecting app to X display server--more failed efforts

* Sivea Key (sivea@nmci.com) [020625 11:42]:
> Now, how do I set the DISPLAY (and other variables I had to set for this
> program) permanently? And do I set them as root, su, or my normal user
> account?

Put them in your ~/.bashrc . Although this will make the apps display on
the other machine even when you're sitting at the one! You could instead
put an alias in your .bashrc that sets it up for you, something like

alias otherhost='export DISPLAY=otherhost:0'

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/