Inbound mail not received by mail server which is ..

.. behind a second firewall. The route from the internet to the mail server is as follows:

internet -
smoothwall (gpl version from www.smoothwall.org) with 192.168.125.2 at the green nic (is DMZ side - but no orange nic !!) - firewall # 2 with 192.168.125.7 at the DMZ side and 192.168.25.9 at the LAN side -
mail server with 192.168.25.7

On the smoothwall:
I have configured port forwarding for port 25 to 192.168.25.7 port 25
I have configured external service access for port 25 for all source ip's
I have, logged in as root on the console, added a route to 192.168.25.7 through gateway 192.168.125.7

On firewall # 2
I have added an ipchains rule to give all source ip's access on port 25 to the mail server

All other traffic through the smoothwall goes fine but no inbound mail through the smoothwall.

For some other domains, for which the (bsmtp) inbound mail is coming via another route (not through the smootwall) but also has to pass firewall # 2 inbound mail is functioning quit well.

Does anyone has a suggestion for the a possible solution?

Many, many thanks in advance !!!

Piet Knoester