Re: Debian+PPP+IPMasq+AutoDial

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 11:40 am, Jeremy Turner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm putting together a machine for a school project using Debian Sid.  I
> basically want the machine to be able to route packets to ppp0 and
> autodial when necessary from a NAT LAN.  I've got the machine to do
> this, except for the autodialing part.  I have to ssh into the box and
> dial a connection manually (pon my_internet_connection) to use the
> Internet.  When I do a route -n (I think that's right, I'm not at the
> box right now) it only shows up with one entry, listing the eth0
> device.  I get perfectly routed packets through ppp0 when dialed up, but
> I want the box to be able to dial whenever a packet needs to be routed.
>
> I've read up on the Linux Documentation Project's articles on PPP and
> IPMasq, but neither of them talk about the autodial section.  Any other
> references or ideas?
>
> Jeremy

Jeremy,

	Here are the scripts I've been using for years now. If you have trouble,
give me a scream and I'll assist.

Regards,

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                 http://outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
                                 griz@outcast-consultants.redmond.or.us
      (541) 504-1388  /\IRC: 205.227.115.251:6667:#OutCasts /\ICQ: UIN 138930