Stable not same as potato in security archive?

I noticed the announcement of the patch to SSH (version 3.3) in security-announce. I tried to upgrade to the patched Potato version. This was the pertinent line in my sources.list:

deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
                               ^^^^^^

After apt-get update, I could only fetch 3.0. But I noticed that on another system, I was able to get 3.3. It had:

deb http://security.debian.org/ potato/updates main contrib non-free
                                ^^^^^^
in sources.list.

After changing my sources.list to that on the first system, and doing apt-get update, I was able to get ssh 3.3.

I thought potato and stable were the same thing right now!?  No?