Woody+ Ximian + Evolution

Hi All!

I know that Ximian is supported only for potato buy I have been trying to
install Ximian and Evolution on Woody with no success and a lot of effort
and time waste. I have read

I have tried the following:
1) Woody Gnome 1.4 + Evolution ->: Always  says cannot find the Database
Shell"
2) Woody + sources.list for ximian stable ( potato) ->: A mess
3) Woody + Ximian for woody downloaded  via ftp in a local dir and then
install makeing dpkg --unpack -R and dpkg -f install ->: This install Ximian
but not evolution. When i tried to install it with dselect a lot of packages
got deinstalled and and evolutions says the same error messages as in 1.
Basically sawfish doesn`t work so when  I start the desktop it complains
about not having a  proper window manager.
4) I have followed the FAQ at Ximian for the error in 1 but Ican realize
what the problem is, everything seems Ok to me.

does any one know how to install Ximan + evolution on woody in a stable or
less prune to errors way ? is it possible?
is there  any need  to point to unstable (sid) to make ximian /evolution
work?

TIA