Re: creating .deb from .dsc and .tar.gz

Thus spake Paul Yeatman last Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 04:03:59PM -0700:
> Hi, due to the recent ssh security message, I'm in a new position
> as far as compiling and creating a debian package out of source
> code.  Given the location of the source code on the security
> server, I don't see how I can list it as a deb-src in my sources.list
> file.  I can however download the source code for ssh from the
> security server and the accompanying .dsc file.  But then how do
> I use these to create the debian package?
>
> Thanks.

With the tarball, diff and dsc files with you, issue
	dpkg-source -x packagename.dsc

It will extract into a packagename-version directory. cd to that
directory, read debian/control to know what you need to have to
compile the source, then issue
	dpkg-buildpackage
--

  -->paolo

Paolo Alexis Falcone <pfalcone@free.net.ph> 	GnuPG KeyID: 0xEADFF6F4
University of the Philippines Manila

"I think ideology sucks. This world would be a better place if people have less
ideology, and a whole lot more "I do this because it's FUN and because others
might find it useful, not because I have religion."" --Linus Torvalds