creating .deb from .dsc and .tar.gz

Hi, due to the recent ssh security message, I'm in a new position
as far as compiling and creating a debian package out of source
code.  Given the location of the source code on the security
server, I don't see how I can list it as a deb-src in my sources.list
file.  I can however download the source code for ssh from the
security server and the accompanying .dsc file.  But then how do
I use these to create the debian package?

Thanks.

--
Paul Yeatman       (858) 534-9896        pyeatman@ucsd.edu