Re: Sound Blaster Live Problems

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002, Reid Gilman wrote:

> I tried that but it still gives me the same error (init_module: no such
> device).

Try compiling the soundcore support into the kernel, and the emu10k1 as a
module. This is how I have it and it works, with 2.4.17. I agree it should
not be necessary to do this, though

Then, check if /etc/modules has a line for emu10k1. This was done
automatically for me, along with other modules. In that case it will be
loaded automatically at boot time.

Does the sound card show up if you do lspci? If so, what does it say?
You'll need package pciutils for this command.

Does your sound card work ok under another os, to eliminate the
possibility of a hardware problem?

                                                      Faheem.