Re: init_module can't find device

It would help to put something in the Subject line.  Most
people ignore posts with no subject...

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 15:05, Reid Gilman wrote:
> Does anyone know how to resolve an "init_module: no such device"
> error when trying to load a module?  I am trying to load modules
> for my soundcard (emu10k1) and when I try to load it, modprobe or
> not, it gives the "init_module: no such device" error.  Any help?

What does dmesg say about your sound card?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net         |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81     |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea   |
|  which could only have originated in California."           |
|  --Edsger Dijkstra                                          |