Help w/ attbi.com & linksys BEFSR41

After a lightning strike fried my modem, cable-modem, router,
tulip card, motherboard, power supply, and mouse, I was happy
that my disks survived intact.

After replacing things I find that I have munged my network
configuration fiddling with it.

I can successfully connect directly to the cable modem,
but when I put the router in the middle I can't get dhcp
to work; and pings do not return to a static ip on my host.

So I'm missing something.

Anyone using attbi.com and a router willing to share
some config info?  I work with potato and woody, or
could run an install on a free partition.

Thanks
rob