Re: backup all the changes I made to the "virgin debian system"

> Thanks Brian for the CVS tips.  But even if I were to go that route
> I must still locate all the files except for in /home that I have
> changed from the virgin debian system.

Why don't you try looking for all files that have been modified since
your install?  You haven't upgraded any packages have you?  If not, then
all of the files from your initial installation should be *older* than
the installation date; the changes that you have made to your system
should be *newer* than this date.  For example, you could try the
following:

   find /etc -newer /etc/hostname

Usually, /etc/hostname isn't modified after the initial installation, so
it should be a good marker for when you installed Debian.  You might get
some false positives, and I suppose that this technique could miss a few
files.  Nevertheless, it's better than nothing.

Check your modified files into RCS after you find them, and you'll be
able to track your local changes much better.

- Brian