Re: scsi emulation support is not working (solved)

Helo all!,

after surfing the archives, I found the solution for my problem with the
scsi emulation support in the message:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200203/msg03722.html

from Gerard Robin (robin.jag@free.fr)

However, instead of the "scsi generic support" enabled, as mentioned in
this reference, I need only the "scsi cdrom support" enabled, as
suggested before in this list. Besides this, note that the recipe above
is for a system where both, cdrom and cdwriter should be recognized by
xcdroast(or cdrecord), because of this the "ide-cdrom support" should be
disabled too.

Just for the records, and from the reference of Gerard above: for a
sytem with ide cdrom and ide cdwriter to work with cdrecord (or
xcdroast) you need:

1)  the "scsi emulation support" and "scsi cdrom" support compiled into
     the kernel
2)  the "ide-cdrom support" disabled
3)  in /etc/lilo.conf add this line:
      append = "hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"
      and don't forget to run  /sbin/lilo
4)  create the directory /cdrw
5)  in /dev create the following symbolic links:
           ln -s /dev/scd0  /dev/cdrom
           ln -s /dev/scd1  /dev/cdrw
6) in /etc/fstab add the lines:
           /dev/cdrom iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0
           /dev/cdrw iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0 0
7) run cdrecord -scanbus   to verify ...

I want to thanks all the people who sent me emails with suggestions
regarding my problem.

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Chiapparini