Re: sound card question

Anyways.. I heard from some other people that certain sound cards are able to
play more than one audio stream at the same time in Linux without the sound
daemons.  It seems a lot easier without one.  I tried putting in a sound
blaster live (emu10k1) before and playing more than one sound worked.
However, the emu10k1 has a rather strange bug with the volume being really
high (you can hear this incredibly annoying static).  I've noticed this in
another unix-like operating system, but in Windows, it works fine.  Anyways,
that's beside the point.  What other sound cards can do this or is there some
other alternative?

Thanks