Re: dns setup with domain name

also sprach Mike Egglestone <megglestone@heritage.sd57.bc.ca> [2002.06.23.2140 +0200]:
> I wondering if I can setup a dns server on my home network
> even though I don't have a registered domain name?
> Is this possible?

yes. use something like egglestone.home as the domain name. you could
use egglestone.com, but be aware it's taken and you won't be able to
communicate with these domain names if you use it at home. you are
hardly going to break things for others in setting up DNS for
yourself.

"there is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe,
 and it has a longer shelf life."
                                                        -- frank zappa