Re: see shutdown messages without hitting alt ctrl F7

Goal: to see the "orderly shutting down of services messages" produced
by shutdown -h now, without lifting a finger, when one has issued the
shutdown command from inside X windows.

I was told to use monitor=/dev/ttyX in lilo or at the boot prompt, but
no, whatever one makes X one still has to hit alt ctrl F7 to see those
final messages.  Perhaps the monitor parameter affects the initial
messages, but not the final ones.  Anyways, post your tried and true
results here.

--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780