see the man pages, docs of conflicting packages

The debian package management system is neat but let's say you want to
read the docs and man page of a conflicting package.  Then you must
drive the original package off the system to install the new package
just for a look, or otherwise jump thru hoops?  Assume I've got the 8
woody CD's and no net connection.  I suppose one just takes the .deb
file and uses dpkg-deb to see the contents...?

By the way, woody has 8 CD's.  Where is the source code for all of
them, back on the website?  On the CD's?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780