how to make concise hardware and software report of what I use?

Often folks ask "what kind of hardware (and software) do you use?"

I want to generate a concise report.  What kind of shell commands can
I use to do this?

I was asked
> btw, i checked your site and i'm wondering what kind of hardware you're
>working with at the moment.

So I made a link called "Hardware and operating system used by Dan
Jacobson" to http://jidanni.org/comp/system.txt to explain the
issue.  In a makefile I do
system_report:
	{ echo Dan Jacobson\'s computer set-up as of  `LC_TIME=C date`;\
	for i in dmesg lspci; do \
	  echo ::::::: $$i output :::::::; $$i; done;}> comp/system.txt

but this doesn't seem a real good way plus only experts can read it.
BTW, any experts see any unoptimal spots in my dmesg output?
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780