Re: scsi emulation support is not working

Sebastian,

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:34:39 +0200 (METDST)
Sebastiaan <S.Breedveld@ITS.TUDelft.NL> wrote:

>> > I order to put the cdwriter to work, I've compiled the kernel with
"scsi> > support", "scsi generict support" and "scsi emulation support".
These> > option are loaded at boot time, as showed by dmesg:

> Have you also compiled the scsi-cdrom support in the kernel, or as
> module? it should not make a difference, but it can be tried.

No, I haven't. Do I need both "scsi generic support" and "scsi cdrom
support"? May be one of them is enought, perhaps "scsi cdrom support"...

> > I have alse added the line
> >
> > append = "hdd=ide-scsi"
> >
> > in lilo.conf. (Thanks to Arthur, Sebastian and Robert!)
> >
> Hmm, I really have only "hdd=scsi" and it worked back then:
> image=/vmlinuz
>         label=Linux
>         read-only
>         append="hdd=scsi"

I will try in this way too...

> I use kernel 2.4.18, and, if I am not mistaken, this was the
> configuration I had:
> IDE-support, IDE-cdrom and SCSI-emulation support compiled in. Then
> SCSI compiled in and SCSI-cdrom as module.
> > In the help of the "scsi emulation support" said the following:
> >
> > "If both this SCSI emulation and
> > native ATAPI support are compiled into the kernel, the native
> > support will be used."
> >
> > In fact, this is the case, I have compiled the ide-atapi cdrom
> > support into the kernel too, in order to use the cdrom at hdc.
> > Perhaps the option in lilo (append = "hdd=ide-scsi") doesn't
> > overwrite the native ide-atapi support for the cdwriter at hdd? If
> > this is the case, what

> This is the case.

Then I don't undertand then how you can have both, ide-cdrom support and
scsi-cdrom support compiled at the same time, and use hdd as a
scsi device. The ide-cdrom support should overwrite the scsi-cdrom
support...

Thanks for the help!

Marcelo

--