Re: djbdns ppc?

On 21-Jun-2002 Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 08:30:35AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
>>
>> On 21-Jun-2002 Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
>> > I have been using djbdns for a while now, but only on the i386
>> > platform. I got my hands on a G4 server and have loaded debian, but
>> > cannot seem to find a djbdns-ppc version.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>>
>> you really should give maradns a look.  Similar goals as djbdns, but none of
>> the djb.
>
> What's wrong with the djb? Maybe I am just naive :)

djb is the initials for Dan Bernstein, a well known computer programmer.  His
work on security related issues is well regarded.

The problem with djb's software is the copyright he puts them under.  Debian
does not have a ppc djbdns because the licenses on Dan's code prevent binary
distribution, you have to compile it yourself.  Many people find dealing with
djb and his software to be troublesome, others love his code.

maradns is a small dns server designed for security as well and is released
into the public domain so everyone has the right to do as they wish with it.
The 1.0.0 release was issued this morning and should arrive in Debian soon.