Re: touchpad on laptop

On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 10:09:55PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
| Hey,
|
| I've gotten debian installed on my Canon Innovabook 457CDS, but I don't
| know how to get the touchpad working... is there some sort of generic
| touchpad device?  I tried using /dev/psaux just for fun but that didn't
| work, couldn't find any information about this in the laptop howto.

I don't know about that one, but with a Dell Inspiron 7500, the
touchpad uses the "ps2" (or "PS/2" in X) protocol and is access via
/dev/psaux.  An external PS/2 mouse is also access via /dev/psaux.
(so, sadly, an external scroll mouse can't be used at the same time as
the touchpad; but fortunately a USB mouse can be set to use a
different protocol than the PS/2 one :-)).

HTH,
-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/