Re: Unresolved kernel symbols when installing a custom module

Em Qua, 2002-06-19 às 12:13, Torsten Wolny escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mit, 2002-06-19 um 11.57 schrieb Goedson Teixeira Paixão:
> >
> > 	I'm trying to install the ILK module from the GILK project
> > (http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~djp1/gilk.html) but when I insmod ilk.o I get
> > this erro message:
> >
> > ilk.o: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_from_user

depmod says:

depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in ilk.o

	But I found out  something interesting. When I do nm -B ilk.o, I get
the following as the reference for kmalloc:
	U kmalloc
	and when I do nm -B some_module_in_lib_modules (eg., ide-floppy.o) I
get this:
	U kmalloc_R93d4cfe6

	So, my problem now is how do I get the reference to kmalloc in my
module to be like the reference found in the kernel modules?

--
Goedson Teixeira Paixão
Departamento de Ciência da Computação