Re: xemacs background won't show an .xpm file

Glen Lee Edwards <glen@fcwm.org> writes:

> Well, sort of not really.  I have extensive modifications, most of which
> are in various files in ~/lisp.  When I installed xemacs on this box, I
> first copied all my configuration files over from the other server.  On
> installing xemacs, it stated that it wanted to make some changes
> regarding moving configuration files from ~/ to ~/.xemacs, which I
> agreed to.  init.el reads:

That looks OK to me, but I don't know much about it.

> Sweet!  That's what I was looking for!  Is there a resource somewhere
> that gives an exhaustive list of the object model X uses?

There is a list in the NEWS file, but maybe more usefully there should be
a sample .Xdefaults file under Help -> Samples    lots of good stuff in
there.

One more thought - round your nice pixmap text area you have the "fringe" of
Xemacs grey.  If as well as

Emacs*EmacsFrame.default.attributeBackgroundPixmap: ~/aaa/bitmaps/backgroundtile.xpm

you also have

Emacs.default.attributeBackground:  white    or some suitable shade of
grey, matching your pixmap, the grey streak will disappear.

hth

Glyn

--
Debian Home       http://www.debian.org