Connecting to Network..

I got Debian installed through through the net install version, but it never
connected me to the network.

There was a point at which it asked me if I wanted to setup a point-to-point
connection, but I just want to connect to the network and the gateway server
for Internet.  So I said "No" and no other options arose for connecting to
the Internet.

This also means that I now have a very basic install and cannot apt-get
anything over the Internet, as I was hoping to do.

Should I have said yes to a PPP connection?!  Do I now have to set this up
manually or is there a utility?

Matthew

--
Anything that can be logically explained, can be programmed.