Re: OS hallucinates hard drive geometry

I just realized something interesting.  Before I tried repartitioning
as described in my original message (below), I had hda2 as a smaller
partition containing the HURD.  When I mount the new /dev/hda2, its
size is 926 MB, and it contains all the old hurd files.  I did not
write it down and can't remember, but I think this size - just under a
gig - is what I made the HURD partition long ago.

So the partition table is correct; however, when the OS actually is up
and running, the kernel somehow is confused, and acts as if it still
has the OLD partition table.  (It's not the geometry at all like I
originally thought.)  What could cause this behavior?

Thanks,
Aaron