Re: Woody k7 kernel install

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 03:41, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 01:45, Matthias Ellinger wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've noticed that there is a k7-optimized 2.4.18 Kernel available via apt-get.
> > I'm running the bf24 version installed by the Woody CD.
> >
> > Now, is it worthwhile to change it (1.2 GHz Duron) to the k7, and how can I do
> > so with apt?
>
> Unless I'm missing something:
> # apt-get -u install kernel-image-2.4.18-k7 kernel-headers-2.4.18-k7
>
> This should automagically update your lilo.conf, but better eyeball
> it first before you run "lilo -v".

It shouldnt touch lilo.conf  Not unless you tell it to.  All it should
change is the sym-links /vmlinuz and /vmlinuz.old  Then it should ask
you if you want to run lilo.  If you say yes it will run it and
everything will be good.
--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."