Re: kernel upgrade to 2.4.18

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Francisco Fialho wrote:

> the kerbel-source was saved at /usr/src... I created a dir called
> linux and a ln -s to the unzipped source ( /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18)

'rm -Rf linux' to remove your directory
'ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18 linux' to create your link

You tried to symlink an existing directory to the source tree.  If you
look in the linux directory before you remove it, by the way, you'll see a
broken symbolic link.  In other words, your machine did exactly as you
told it to, but not what you meant to tell it to do ;)

Patrick

--
Patrick Wiseman
pwiseman@mindspring.com