Re: gkrellm & ACPI

>>>>> "Patrick" == Patrick Wiseman <pwiseman@mindspring.com> writes:

Patrick> On Sun, 16 Jun 2002, Hubert Chan wrote:
>> then download and install the gkacpi plugin:
>> http://gkacpi.sourceforge.net/

Patrick> OK, I did that and now I get the following error:

Patrick> Can't find any battery.
Patrick> This system supports old ACPI. Patch your kernel.

He must be talking about the patches from acpi.sourceforge.net, which
are more up to date than the one inside the kernel.

Ah. OK.  I did a search for gkacpi again.  Apparently there are two
versions floating around.  The one that I had used was actually from
<http://uname.dyndns.org/~uname/software/>.  Unfortunately, I can't seem
to be able to download anything from that page at the moment.  In case
you can't either, I'll post the 0.2 deb that I had downloaded earlier on
my web page: <http://www.uhoreg.ca/gkacpi_0.2_i386.deb>.  This one works
with the ACPI from the kernel.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/