Re: User Logon Logging?

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 04:45, Charlie Grosvenor wrote:
> In Debian woody how do I turn on user logon logging, so that a log entry
> is produced each time a user logs on?

It's already on for me.  Just type "last" to see the most recent
logins.  Install the sac package to analyse the wtmp file in more
detail.  See man sac.

Change the 'rotate 1' in /etc/logrotate.conf for /var/log/wtmp if you
want the logs to last longer.

(I use wtmp in my ppa package, which tracks logins on an internet cafe's
win32 clients, through samba, as well as ssh logins to the server.  See
http://quozl.netrek.org/ppa )

--
James Cameron                                     (james.cameron@hp.com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/