Re: OT: How to find a modem that works with Linux...

Save yourself a lot of trouble, just pick up a USR V92 faxmodem or equivalent
making sure it's -external-. Besides absolutely ensuring compatability, you
can use it for a backup dialup connection on the WAN side of a broadband
router if/when you get cable or DSL access to the 'net.

Good luck,
Steve